Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sincerely Jane changes

Yesterday I posted a picture of the rug and spoke of wanting to change one of the triangles in the border at the top.  It just didn't have a good rhythm due to a bump in the road.  I pointed out that on the left side I needed to remove the one blue angled piece and make it a diamond to match the right side.  So took care of that and hooked another block on the bottom row. 

Here is the before which I posted in yesterday's blog:


This is the way the rug looks now:
So I've still got 6 months to finish this and it will be done by April 2012 with time to spare, that is if I don't lose my focus.  In the meantime I'm still working on my log cabin rug, and in less than 2 weeks will start yet ANOTHER rug at a short rug camp in Ocean City, MD with Lucille Festa. 

OY!  another potential UFO, oh well, cold weather is coming and having lots of rugs to work on will be a nice cold weather project.  Yes, I could always clean, but hey..... why clean when you can hook?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra you were so right.It does look more balanced. I am making dinner waiting for the enchilada's to be done then I can maybe hook on my Turkey tonight.Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fascinating project, and much faster than needle turn applique. It will still be lots of work, but a joy to do. Great job so far! Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.