Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Progress of the Sincerely Jane Challenge Rug

Since it is that time again to post an update of my progress on the Sincerely Jane Challenge (adapted from a quilt made by Jane Stickle) on the Rughookers group thought I'd better pull it out and actually make some progress on it.  At least one of the gals has completed her humongous rug already, so since mine is small in comparison there's really no excuse for me to dilly dally around.  But of course I have still been hooking but on other things.  It is  getting close to completion with still a few months left before it is to be finished so am doing okay in the progress department I guess.

I've tried to use some of the same wools throughout even tho it would have been easier to introduce new colors.  And who knows, it still isn't too late for me to pull a new color into the rug just so the same colors don't repeat themselves too close to each other.

Although I'm not really fond of geometric designs this one has grown on me.  I'd fully intended to offer it for sale in my booth when I do my next show and also list it on my web site.  But will see how I feel once it is all done.  One thing I knew was that JoAnne made this challenge seem so fun and interesting that I just had to participate in it. 

It will be loads of fun to see the final rugs posted on the Rughookers group and hopefully they will be in an upcoming issue of Rug Hooking Magazine since an article written by JoAnne was in a former issue in the Across the Borders segment of the magazine.
Now that I've finished my daughter-in-love's Snowman Mat and have worked more on the challenge piece guess I can now put my Frost Sheep rug back on the frame and work on it.  Heck, I still haven't finished my Log Cabin rug yet but I know exactly what I'm doing on that one so thought I'd better 'keep the flow' of the sheep rug going before I forget what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.