Friday, January 27, 2012

Log Cabin Rug Back on the Frame

It seems like a decade since I worked on this rug, but it has only been a couple months.  Meanwhile there were quite a few projects I got completed while it was resting.   I'd completed a couple swap mats, hooked a snowman gift for a Christmas gift, also the E.S. Frost Sheep rug with birds and flowers, hooked and assembled the eyeglass cases and most recently was the completion of the Jane Stickle quilt rug more commonly known on Rughookers Yahoo as the Sincerely Jane Challenge rug.  (whew, gasp for breath).

When working on the log cabin rug previously I'd mentioned it was a pattern offered in a book by Barbara Carroll titled American Folk Art Rug Hooking. 

The pattern design is July Cabin but I took some creative license and tweaked it to suit me.  I changed the direction of the smoke, made my trees a little differently and made big folky leaves instead of flags and think I added more stars in different locations. 

So I'm a little anxious to finish this one up but there is something else lingering in the wings that remains unfinished, so it isn't as though I'm completely caught up.  But it sure is a good feeling to get this close.

However, the  madness will begin again starting May when I go to the wonderful Barb Carroll at Woolley Fox, then in September it will be back to beautiful Cape May, NJ, then in November will sign up for Lucille Festa once again in Ocean City, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.