Today is the day to find out if I am successful or embarrassed with my dye project. Let's see if it is possible to reproduce a color I liked and which Robin indicated she liked. This is the picture I sent Robin as she has hopes of getting a sage green wool. This picture was taken with a flash.
This picture was taken without a flash. I wanted to put the center wool (the color I'll try to reproduce) along with other colors so Robin could see how the color looks in comparison to the other wool. And had it not been what she was looking for I'd have looked around for something else she might like.
I knew the recipe I'd used for this wool as I stapled a sample of the various pieces made with the dye. Now, let's see if I can pull it off again or if I'll be in the 'hall of shame'.
This recipe uses Cushing Acid Dye:
1/2 t. Copenhagen Blue
1/4 t. Khaki Drab
1/4 t. Chartreuse
in 1 cup boiling water.
I will start out by putting a couple tablespoons in the pot since the wool I'm using is a little different than I used before and will add more tablespoons as I see fit. But meanwhile, with the wool on the burners you'll have to wait until later to see the results.
Something else to remember that with a formula, some colors might catch to the wool faster than others. I've learned that the hard way. So before you add additional colors, wait until the water is fairly clear before adding more color.
It is now 1:48 p.m. on the east coast and today's dye results are in but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see them. TA TA.