Actually I have two frames going ~ one for my Sensational Summer Swap mat and the rug I'm about to show you. The swap piece doesn't need to be sent until June but at least wanted to start hooking it. Oh, and I can't show you what I'm hooking because that Debra Henkel woman might be checking out my blog since I also follow her.... and want it to be a surprise.
This is an adaptation of a Polly Minick pattern called Daleview Farm but instead of 3 chickens I'm doing two because that is a more suitable size for me to hook. This has been fun to use up some of the black and white textures I have, as you can see by the chickens. And even better is that I can use up some worms for that colorful hit and miss border.
I used to remember the name of this type chicken but the name of the breed escapes me. Perhaps someone here knows and will inform me or remind me.
That picture was taken with a flash so the red comb of the chicken on the left is showing up brighter than it appears in person. My thoughts right now are to put in a brighter red there. I didn't want both combs nor beaks the same because I plan to have a hit and miss border of brighter colors to frame it. My background will be a primitive black so it will definitely need the brighter hit and miss border like Polly's Daleview Farm which you can see below and purchase thru her web site.
Oh dang!!!! I just noticed that I put a dark outline around the entire wing sections of both my chickens and think I like Polly's version better with the hint of a wing. Perhaps I should reduce the strip size of some of the wing outline. Hmmmm..... I do have some other texture that just might work...... Back to the drawing board (uh hooking frame).
Since I've been doing yard work (yuck... it is grass cutting and weed pulling season again!) I am finally going to sit and pull a few loops. Plus I cleaned up a part of this pig sty and vacuumed. Now Ben's mama is tired. But think I'll unhook the wing outlines...... my sad.