This was a really fun small and quick rug to hook. It is an adaptation of Polly Minick's Daleview Farm. The original design has 3 chickens and I chose to hook just 2. In all honesty, these photos are before steaming because I need to see it in a picture so I can decide what needs to be pulled out and replaced in the border.
The hit and miss border might seem like an easy peasy task but it isn't that easy. I was forever pulling out my value finder to see how close in value the hit and miss was. Sometimes I could fudge it if the colors were really different even if close in value, but hit and miss isn't as easy as one would think. BUT.... what is lovely about a hit and miss is that you can use up your worms. And that is yet another story....
I started out with values or colors in baggies and sorted nicely in my baskets. So I pull out my darks for the background.... pull out various values from other baggies and this is the mess that I must clean up now before I can start my next project. An trust me when I say this doesn't do the clutter justice.
And now I can put something else on my frame now. However, this makes it now 3 rugs which need binding. Not to mention cleaning up the mess I made on the sofa.
But, Robin knows what I'm putting on my frame next so it is a secret between the two of us until I post a picture. But just a hint.... it is a cute design which she offers in a booklet for little cost. So my task tomorrow ~ uh in addition to cutting grass ~ is cleaning up and getting another rug on my frame. THANK YOU ROBIN!!!!!!!