Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Be on the Look Out



Keep your eagle eyes alert and on the watch for these two beautiful rugs which were stolen, from a church no less, where Norma Batastini and Linda woodbury were having a workshop last week.   They were stolen from the small Ohio church sometime after class on Tuesday and before class on Wednesday morning.

The mola below was hooked by Norma Batastini.
IMG_0644
This next rug was hooked by Linda Woodbury.
This is the original message which was sent to me by Norma.  So please keep your eyes open and contact either me, Norma and/or Linda at:  'G_Batastini@msn.com'; 'linda.woodbury@gmail.com' with a sighting or information on recovery.  


Last week I was teaching a workshop in Ohio for a small group in a local church.  Two rugs were stolen from the church sometime after class on Tuesday and before class began Wednesday morning.  The room was filled with wool, hooking equipment including frames and cutters, other rugs and a digital projector.  None of those items were touched.  Please forward this email on to your rug hooking guilds and groups.  If you are a frequent follower of Ebay, Craigslist or any other Internet site that sells things I would appreciate it if you would be on the look out for the rugs.  I am offering a reward for information leading to the return of the rugs.

Rug #1 is my Crocodile Mola design.  It was featured in the November/December 2011 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine.  It was exhibited at the ATHA Biennial exhibit in Lancaster, PA in October 2011 and at the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild exhibit at the Shelburne Museum in November 2011.  The rug is 36 x 48.  

Rug #2 is my Pumpkins and Leaves design.  It was hooked by Linda Woodbury and has been exhibited at many local shows in New Jersey.  The rug is 28 x 40.

I have attached photos below.
If you have any info please contact me or Linda.

Thank you,
Norma

4 comments:

  1. Oh Saundra!!!!!
    This just makes me sick. I cannot even imagine how I would feel. These poor girls!

    I am going to forward your blog to a bunch of my favorite hookers! Maybe someone will see the rugs and turn this THIEF in! Thanks for giving the heads up.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again. You know. These 2 rugs really STAND OUT and cry "LOOK AT ME". How does some IDIOT think they can get by with stealing them????? WTH are they going to do with the rugs???? Hide them in the back of the closet???

    Just makes me ill.
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't know how anyone can do these kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will keep my eye out here in north Florida. Those crocdiles look alot like "gators," the mascot of the U of Fla. Being a die-hard FSU fan, I still hope no one from there took them. I will keep an eye out on craiglist.
    Thanks for passing the word on, Saundra.

    take care,
    trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.