Friday, June 22, 2012

Multi-Tasking

There's a few things rug hooking related going on at the same time here.  I tend to like working on more than one rug as it gives me a little diversity and like to hop from one to the other.  Now that the Bumblebee Chair pad and Fox mat are done it was just lion rug until today.... until I started the Karen Kahle spiral chair pad.
Also have 6 flower pins which I hooked in the extra space of the fox mat (being thrifty)  so have these to stitch pin backing onto them.  In a previous blog I posted a picture of how the backing which would be cut away and tossed was being utilized.
And then there is the lion still needing plenty of hooking done to it.  When I put it back on the frame think I'll concentrate more on the tree to the far left as I'd like to see how it is going to turn out.  But then it will the boring background and border.  The background will be boring but with the change of the colors and wavy lines of the border that will manage to keep my interest a little.  And that is exactly why I like having more than one project going on at the same time ~ a reprieve from the boredom.  Yet it is also because I'm just antsy to start that hooked piece that I've been just dying to put on a frame.
It would be interesting to know how many of you also like more than one project going at the same time.  I'm sure there are those of you who just have to work on one thing at a time, finish it before moving on.  But that's not me.


Thanks for the visit and stop by again.


Saundra

8 comments:

  1. The spiral was fun, but it does make you dizzy! Plus, you think you're going on a slant, but next thing you know...straight rows. How does that happen? I love your lion. I get bored way too easily...probably why I teach! It's different every few minutes! LOL I need to start a new rug. At least I finally blogged, though!
    Hugs!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the lion pattern from Black
    Sheep? What cut are you using? I'd love to hook it, but not sure I could use a 9 or 9.5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a ton of projects going on....hardly ever finishing....ADD maybe? I have a friend who has to finish a project before going to the next. I think she is crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saundra ~
    It seems with hooking I rarely have more than one hooking project going on, but I will sometimes also have a punch needle and cross stitch piece. I don't think I've ever had more than two hooked projects in process.
    Like I just told Courtney, I want to hook one of those spiral mats, too.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Saundra,
    I know what you mean about needing some variation. I usually have only one hooking project going, but that is along with two or three samplers and maybe a quilt, that way I can work on whatever i am in the mood for.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. *****how about ten going at one time! now trying to finish them before the end of the month...and they're all around three feet by six feet. you lion is looking great! have fun.....tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Saundra, I love your lion rug; the expression on the face is precious. Thanks for sharing your progress

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do that spiral mat, too ~ but I have four or five unfinished rugs waiting! Too many!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.