Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lions in the Woods Update

Thanks for validating my thoughts on the darker corner.  After hooking it in knew it looked better but it is always nice when you know hookers that you respect agree.  So as you can see I pulled out the blue on the bottom corner and made it dark.  While I did pull out some red loops from the mane of the lion on the left, the red still looks a little heavy. 
Something else I've done is put some lighter dark color in some of the triangles and will do some heavier of that color in other parts of the border to make it look aged.

If you enlarge the picture you can see something else that I'm doing for the ground.  In the original antiques there are some hooked spots which I am guessing are to be red leaves.  I drew them on my design but Lucille thought I should leave them out.  Well, I'm hooking some in and it will be very subtle and not as bold as the antique rugs were. You can see the soft faded color in the bottom which is also the same as in the triangles on the right border.

I'm a little antsy to get this finished because I have a new project that I'll start hooking on the beginning of the new year.  That will remain a surprise for a while longer tho.  A girl has to have a few secrets.  But I've been drawing out patterns today, I've drawn 10 and have 2 more larger ones to draw.  Actually 3 to draw but that doesn't have to be done until  closer to the new year and need to send out the 12 other ones tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I like the darker corner!
    I like the lions too, and I hope I get to see the secrets when revealed. Have a great Friday & weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this rug!I anxious to see the finished piece.It is looking fantastic,really liking the subtle red that you are hooking on the ground.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saundra,
    Very nice color choices in your rug! The subtle leaves are wonderful! Wow!.... that's a lot of pattern drawing!
    Does your back get sore after so many?
    Wishing you many blessings in the New Year.... and can't wait to see your new project!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it. Oh, heck. I love all your rugs.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.