Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Smidgen of Progress

I've only made a slight amount of progress on the Red Bird of Pennsylvania.... sorry for a boring showing.  But I have a good excuse ~ a hooker by the name of Karen took my offer to hook along with me so drew out the design for her and shipped it yesterday.  Karen doesn't have a blog  for you all to follow but said she would send pictures of her progress and when I get those will post on my blog. 

While this design was not in kit form I did tell Karen that I'd send a strip of wool intended for the berries and bird.  The rest I'd planned on pulling from my worm collection.  So, here is what I've accomplished so far... uh, not much....the limb the bird is on was an over dyed reject but when planning for this rug it looked quite appropriate.  SO NEVER, you newbie dyers, don't EVER throw away ugly wool.  You just never know when it will be the perfect wool to use.
And here is the photo showing the wool for the berries, bird and the inside wavy border.  The primitive black background will be various worms from my collection. 
So if anyone else would like to follow along, the pattern would be drawn on Dorr Natural Primitive linen with the measurements of 18 x 35 for $65 plus shipping; email me HERE.
Have a great evening everyone.

Saundra

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good so far !! You KNOW I'd be hooking along with you if I could !
    I had a ton of worms someone had gifted me, when I first started out hooking...Some of them were " ugly" colors...But, I held on to them, and I have used some of them, and most must have just grown on me, I don't consider them ugly necessarily anymore....That's what I love about hooking...It is opening up a whole new world of color for me....
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saundra ~
    I'd say you are off to a great start!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.