Monday, August 19, 2013

Magdalena's Lollipop Bouquet Design

Worked a little more on the Lollipop Bouquet and here is what I've achieved thus far.
Since it was time to move the pattern decided to take a picture and now will start on the left top corner of the rug.  Goodie, goodie gumdrops!!!!!!  When I start on a corner, a holding line, etc. I know it is getting closer to the half way mark.

And tho posted before, here is a picture of the original antique.  And DANG!  In comparing the two there are vast differences in what I see. 

Unfortunately it looks like I tried to stay true to today's lesson of "hook inside the lines so the motif doesn't grow".  It appears that was embedded in my brain because I've too much space between my rows of lollipops (circles).  Oh well, guess it will just have to continue in this fashion since there is too much wool to pull out and change.  But for you folks who want to replicate the rug, tuck that in your cranium.
As previously mentioned, and still true, everything so far are left over worms being used except for the neutral between rows of circles.

In order for me to get a better overall visual of my antique adaptations guess I need to take more pictures more often.  And frankly now that I've noticed the difference it is really bugging me.

Have a great evening everyone, and thanks for those of you who visit and post.



  1. Try not to obsess...easier said than done, I know. I think it looks mahvelous!
    Hugs :)

  2. I am awed by this. Please dont let it bother you too much!


Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.