Sunday, July 20, 2014

Here's What's Next

With the commission rug done it was time for me to execute those  couple ideas rolling around in the grey matter as I hooked on someone else's piece.  So pencil to paper I did 3 drawings and finally narrowed my choice down to one.

Normally I'm not a bright wool kinda person ~ I gravitate to a more subdued color palate suitable for a primitive old look.  But October will be here soon so decided it was about time for me to get the vintage paper mache' jack-O-lanterns out of my head and put on linen.
I'm still trying to work out the kinks and his mouth looks like it needs attention.  I wanted a red orange for the inside of the mouth but maybe I need to go with a darker burnt red to give more value contrast to the orange pumpkin. 

So when you see it again there might be some changes as stumble thru my hooking process.  But must admit it is much more fun hooking for me, yet the time away made me appreciate this process even more.

Have a good evening.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. FUN!!! I love the old mache pumpkins and have a few to enjoy every Halloween.
    Hook on, my friend :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice Jack-o-lantern! Love the lime green against the orange; very nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a fun piece, I like the brighter shades, looks like the antique pumpkins cards.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see pumpkins again !
    Very fun piece.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me happy to see you using such a bright color!! Pumpkins really are a brilliant orange....such a happy looking jack!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.