Monday, August 4, 2014

A Pillow Finish With HEART!

Sondra, a blog follower of mine was kind enough to share her finish of a pillow she recently hooked.  It is a design by Maggie Bonanomi which she hooked in #9.5 wool strips.  I apologize to everyone for the photo being sideways.  This happens to me all the time when I turn my camera sideways.  Even if I use the Paint program to right it and save it, (which I also did to these photos) when I post it on my blog it is still sideways.  Oh well, you can still see a beautiful wide cut pillow.
Sondra saw my blog post of the primitive binding technique that I learned in a Betsy Reed rug class and you can read that same blog post HERE.  I first used it on a pillow and then later on a rug.  Here is the side view of that primitive binding technique Sondra used on her pillow.
And now the back of the pillow (love that mottled wool).
I fell in love with this primitive binding style when I saw Betsy's samples and told her I wanted to learn how to do that.  Well of course it is supposed to look like a primitive, almost to the point of an aged heirloom which has had repairs.  That is the look I loved since it made pieces look aged.  Naturally it is not a style which would be suitable for all hooked pieces but it sure does look perfect on Sondra's Heart Pillow.
 
Thank you Sondra for sharing.  And if anyone else has read something on my blog they tried, or purchased one of my patterns and wish to share their work I'd LOVE to receive a photo.
 
Have a great evening everyone.
 
Saundra
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love how the pillow looks and the prim hooking, great idea for pillows.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colors and I love that finish. I need to try it.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. Perfect in the wide cut. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wide cut & the edges look so neat ! Hearts always get my attention !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.