Monday, June 22, 2015

My Life as I Know It and Man Cave

I consider myself a rather happy individual and even remember as a kid in school when kids would comment..."she is always smiling" and they would laugh. At that time figured they thought I was goofy or had mental issues.  Truth is even now I look for the upside of life rather than the down side.

Yeah, here comes the BUT.  When stuff happens in a sequence when they should be working fine... I am not a smiling person.  Case in point.....May 29th is when the NEW riding mower was purchased since to repair the old one 'they said' was going to cost over $1,000.  Heck, may as well buy a new one, right?

So, I purchased a brand new (not used) riding mower from Sears.  Since the oil in it was to be changed after 5 hours of use I kept track of my usage.  Prior to Saturday I'd had 1 hour 20 minutes of usage.  So it was time to cut the grass again and started it up, drove it down to the end of my driveway to cut the very front grass.  Put the blades in gear, pushed the gas and it started cutting and shut off.

Oh no way!  This is a brand new $#%!! mower.  So turned the key off, disengaged the blades, put it in neutral, and changed the cut setting a little higher.  Okay, let's start-r-up again.  Nope, wouldn't start.  It was in neutral so pushed the mower up on the roadway out of the grass and tried again.  Nope.  Thankfully I've a 5 year warranty because I think there's a lemon in the garage.  Hey, this is just after 1 hour 20 minutes of cutting.  And YES, there was gasoline in the tank.

That wasn't the only bad thing this week but think I've re-hashed enough bad so......here is an update of my son's Man Cave Rug.  I want to get that empty part to the left of the rug hooked and then will enjoy working on the black kitten mat and/or starting the binding process of  Chum.
Before hooking the Black Kitten Mat I want to do some wool aging so might give you a tutorial on that for you newbies.  Yesterday's post did show you the wool I'm considering using on the mat.  But don't want my rug to look like a new rug using new wool to look like an antique....I am trying to replicate that antique look I love so much.

Stay tuned you guys and gals.  Sorry there's not more meat to my blog posts lately as they seem sorta humdrum to me as I post them.  Hopefully soon I'll have some goodies to share.

Have a great night and since Sears repair is coming tomorrow maybe I'll get some grass cut soon.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, sorry about the mower. Hopefully it's a quick and simple fix. Man cave rug is looking good. Don't give up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machines, they are great when working properly. Hope it's a easy fix and good thing you have that warranty as it could be costly. The man cave is coming along quite nicely. Loving the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no how I hate machines. I am looking forward to seeing how you antique wool I want to do a fish rug but I want it to look old.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never find your posts hum drum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saundra,
    I just can't keep up with you! I had company here (old college roomie) here for two days so am more "behinder" than normal.
    I sure wish I could hook the kitty with you, but I haven't had time to work on the small chicken mat that will be going to California in a month and I was also hoping to hook something for my son in CA, too. ACK! Plus I'm vending at another hook in on Saturday. Had my grandson this evening. Plus the day job.
    Man Cave is lookin' good!!!
    Sorry about your mower troubles. That totally sucks. Hope it get fixed quickly before you need to buy a goat.
    Please share your aging techniques :)
    Hugs to you, my friend.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that brand new mower is not working out. Are you sure it didn't need oil put in before starting it and change after 5 hour cutting?

    My neighbour (a nuclear engineer) got a new sit on lawnmower and started it without putting oil in it and burnt the engine. I sure hope that this is not what happened to yours. I would be really sorry if this was the case. I hope it's an easy fix.

    Your man cave is looking real good to me. Just keep at it.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.