Friday, October 9, 2015

Travels of the Witch on A Whale and other stuff

Since today I'm feelling more normal will do more of a post, sorry that I've been in outer space for a while.  Mama ain't happy with the numerous lines of color around the small witch with the outline to define the arm and the halo effect to separate the so close in value colors of dress and background.

Personally I feel witches wear either purple, black or grey dresses those are my choices.  Well can't be black, can't be grey because the whale is that color and so is the witch's hair.

In the picture below you can see the background wool under the 3 purple choices I pulled from my stash.  The first two seem too light to me and the wool on the far right is the same wool as is in the roof of the first house which can be seen with the background without a halo.  It may look brownish in the picture but is a purple.  If I use that then I intend to give my witch pointy green shoes like her scarf color. Otherwise the black shoes would need to be haloed  or would have to give her flesh colored feet.
Oh, I put a couple of those far right purple strips on the witch's hat so you can see what it will look like.

Now the 'other stuff'.  Many have asked how I am feeling and thank you for your concerns.  This was way different that the two day flu like illness had previously but was afraid to say I had a bacterial infection (aka Cellulitis).  

Was asked if I got the infection at Cape May and the answer is an emphatic NO.  This was an injury caused by my beloved dog Ben who wants to kill cars.


On 9/25 he thrashed about with his metal collar or head hitting my arm numerous times attempting to pull away and chase a moving vehicle. Ben has no fear and heads straight toward the front tires.  

I had a huge contusion, bruising and redness but applied ice numerous times during the next few days so most of the swelling and redness disappeared.  That is until 10/5 (10 days later) at night when I was in excruciating pain, swelling and redness reappeared and was sure I must have had a break or at least a fracture.

Went to walk-in urgent care, the x-ray showed no broken bones.  But, I had cellulitis (aka bacterial infection) in my arm.  The arm was feverish, really red and painful.  That night my fever (at one point) reach 102.5 and think it was higher than that previously because I blacked out, in a standing position holding onto the fireplace for 4 hours until I reached a certain level of consciousness.  So I am on heavy antibiotics, called the urgent care about my comatose like symptoms the next day and they said it was due to high temperature.  My temperature has stabilized and take the temperature often so I don't black out again.

So, I’ve put new batteries in the shock collar and while I thought it inhumane to use before have now changed my mind.  I’d rather he get the hell shocked out him for a second than me with a potentially deadly infection once again.

Have a good evening everyone.  Am getting ready to hook on the rug for the first time today.

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. Holy cow! What an ordeal...and very scary! Hope you are well on your way to feeling much better. Loving that witchy rug! Take good care!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rug is fantastic. Sorry to hear you've been down and out....what we won't put up with for our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow is right, Saundra. I'm so sorry you've been hurt by your beloved Ben. Cellulitis is painful.

    I hope that you're feeling much better. So sorry I've been missing from Blogger but I've been taking advantage of the super nice weather lately to work in the yard. So much more to do and time is fleeing away fast to colder weather.

    I love that Whale and the witch rug. You're doing a fantastic job.

    Take care, Hugs
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green shoes would be wonderful!!!
    Can you show us a picture of uncut background? It looks familiar but sure would not be able to figure it out.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your scary ordeal!!! So glad you were able to find out what it was and get the proper treatment!!! You have ONE BIG DOG and have to do what you need to to protect You AND him!! Our dog was not as big, but when she wanted something she could almost pull your arm off!!
    I love your rug and know you will find the perfect look to it, as you always do!!!
    Take care of yourself!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saundra,

    The things we put up with for our dogs. I am so sorry about you getting an infection but I am amazed that you were able to spend 4 hours standing up holding on to the fireplace before becoming coherent again. Hope you are current with your vaccinations for strep. A good tip I discovered when working with horses and dealing with wires, etc.
    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.