Sunday, January 24, 2016

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this myself, but have just finished whipping the edge of A Day in The Country, a design by Tonya Robey.  
Again...hallelujah; it is a day I've been waiting for since starting it at a camp in November 2015.  It still needs to be steamed from the back to soften, ease and smooth the ripples of the yarn at the edge.  This is a pattern/kit I've had for quite some time so it is nice to see it finished. 

Must give credit to the yarn wool used for the whipped edge.  That wool was a gift given me by a departed hooker and spinner friend Lesley Coveney.  I'm not a spinner but those of you who are will understand that the tag attached to the hank of yarn was "Romney fleece, "Princess", and was dyed with Pro-Chem "Brick".  

Kris and Lauren, you were right.... there was plenty of yarn to whip the edge of this rug and some left over.  

Now waiting in the wings is binding the sheep rug.   That one won't jave a yarn whipped edge but will be bound.  Stay tuned to see that one and what is next on my frame.

Saundra


10 comments:

  1. Yay , a finish..Your rug is great. I am in the process of steaming my sheep rug and I started hooking "Holiday Ornaments". I am afraid everything is going on hold tho for the next month or so while I help make dance costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish, Saundra. So happy the wool worked out for you and it is a perfect compliment to the rug and a loving tribute to your dear friend.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Hallelujah!! Your rug looks great. You got it done and I'm glad you had enough and some extra special yarn to finish the edge. A great feeling...
    Your friend is smiling down on you.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra,
    Your rug is just wonderful and so happy you got it done with that very special yarn!! Truly a treasure!!!
    Hope you have a special place all picked out for it!!
    Take care and happy binding!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful rug. The red binding really sets it off. Your friend would be proud.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finished mat,,,,,, really pretty,,,,, take care,,, elaine allerton

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you had enough of that special yarn to whip the edge of this rug - it will add a lot of memories to it when you look at it in the future. A great project - and a great feeling to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing one of your rugs with some special yarn. That touch makes the rug more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.