Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Rainbow Cabin Update

Happy to say that Rainbow Cabin is finally hooked.  Still needs to be steamed and bound but all hooked and can move on to the next project.
Now there are 3 mats needing to be bound.  Actually that isn't a problem since the two horse mats and this one are relatively small. Plus I'll have a couple appointments at which to bind during the wait in the office.

So now I am free to start the Out of Hand Rug Hookers Challenge.  I've printed the enlargement on paper to about 18 x 25.  But, it hasn't been drawn on linen yet.  Tomorrow I'll do that and pull some wool. 

I'm so happy to hear we can share our progress.  Part of me wondered what I'd have to blog about, plus I'd be so excited to share my progress and have no outlet.  Besides, that is how we all learn, right, by sharing?

If you are on Facebook and interested in joining the challenge you can read about joining the group.

Hope you have a great evening and know that I'm thinking of all my friends, family, whether cyber and personal.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. I am SO JEALOUS. You've finished another one. (And I don't want to hear they are small!)
    I did get my challenge rug to linen...well, just the hills, houses and sheep. Still need to decide the size and figure out my flowers. No way am I hooking all those daffodils!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a hooking machine! It turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful and as always, you choose the perfect wools and shades for it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra,
    Your rainbow rug is just wonderful and I love all the color choices you made!! Yes, we sure do learn from each other and I thank YOU for all I have learned on your blog!!!
    Take care and have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job, Saundra !
    It's great to watch you move through a rug - start to finish. Do you ever take a break ??
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way this one turned out. Those star flowers add such a great touch of whimsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rug speaks to me. Looking forward to following your journey on the challenge rug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.