Thursday, December 22, 2016

Finally.... the Reveal of my Rug

As much as I wanted to continue hooking all around the corner before making the reveal, decided I'd teased you long enough. Here is my project which will keep me entertained thru the Christmas holiday..this plus working on binding the two rugs on the side.
Right now the pattern measures approx 22 x 47 1/2 but hooking either stretches or reduces the original drawn pattern to finished piece (I forget which), so not sure how it started or the dimensions it will end. However, this is the antique adaptation from which it is designed.
The beautiful runner above was originally hooked by Julia Eastman Stubbs between 1815-1887 and located in Maine.

At first I had grandeose ideas of hooking the entire runner but then realized my favorite part was the right side with the horse and man.  So decided to reduce the rug to horse and trainer as I love horses, since I used to own one. 

In the event you are wanting to replicate a piece of history and don't draw your own designs, you can purchase either the runner or the short version from Woolley Fox.  

Do you believe that Christmas day is just 3 days away???

Hope you are getting closer to having the holiday wrapping finished than I am.

Saundra

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Saundra.
    Will you be finishing it with the tongues ?
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love it and Maine! I will put this one on maybe someday list
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rug is coming along beautifully and I do love that design. I still have lots of books and old magazines I found, need to go through all my things and decide what to keep to make in the future.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra,
    I just love your adaptation and know you will certainly enjoy yourself over the holidays!! The original is just wonderful and I love the scalloped edges!! Looking forward to seeing yours completed!!
    Happy Hooking, my friend!
    Christmas Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adaption! It will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything you hook!!!
    Merry Christmas :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its great! Big, too,, hope u have a wonderful, happy christmas!
    Enjoy,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love ur mat, saundra,,, hope u have a happy christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rug is looking great as usual. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and lots of quality hooking time.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.