Friday, December 2, 2016

Mission Accomplished

Accomplished what I'd set out to do in making a primitive silver feather tree.   There's no lovely Merry Christmas wool applique as Jo Wick showed on Facebook but used my "Cherries and Candy Stripe" antique adaptation I hooked a year ago.  I'd forgotten just how much I love this rug.
The Santa is one I made a few years ago but he didn't sell before retiring from doing shows.   Kinda like this guy so decided to keep him. His stick tree, boots, clothing ...well everything is homemade ~ well the sheep made his beard.

And Kim (Glass Half Full) sorry to disappoint for an expectation of a "....Mona Lisa caliber tree", lol.   Here it is in the bowl I showed in an earlier post.  The base of the tree was pushed into a foam base and covered with scraps of warm and natural.  Was going to brush the pieces of shiny metallic into the trash but decided to sprinkle those on the top of the warm and natural.
A few of you wanted step by step instructions of what I did.  But honestly wasn't sure how it was going to go until I just dove in.  Below you see what each long stem looked like.  So what I started with was two long stems side by side and twisted them together.  Then would cut sections so the fluffy part would be at the end.
Then placed the stem where I wanted the limb, twisted around the center section and moved down lower on the trunk.

As usual, this was a 'fly by the seat of my pants' sorta project.  But for me it worked to have a small primitive silver feather tree....thanks to Jo Wick's beautiful vignette.

Have a great evening everyone.  And now back to binding Red Lion and still have a few more loops to pull on the other rug.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. That came out wonderfully and perfect for adding decorations to go with your prims. Your santa is wonderful too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I inspired you! I am happy we have Facebook & blogs to keep up with our prim friends & to inspire & motivate each other!! Your vignette looks wonderful, enjoy this glorious Christmas season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet little tree with just the right amount of sparkle. Nice hooked rug, too !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Cmas tree ! It is cute ! Would be perfect with my houses .

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect little vignette....with each thing handmade by you!!! That hooked mat looks every bit as nice as the wool runner did, and I adore your Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    I am soooo impressed!! The tree is darling and looks perfect with your special handmade Santa and wonderful rug, all made by you!!! Thanks for sharing your mini tutorial, too!! I LOVE "making do"!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I think it's friggin adorable. It looks perfect. I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.