Monday, December 26, 2016

The Day After Christmas

Didn't get any hooking done today as Grandma was on a mission to purchase fabric and make a soccer themed valance for my grandson. Yesterday it was obvious the childhood valance needed to come down since Zach is now 13.  

Picked up the fabric, came home, ate lunch and proceeded to make his valance.  He didn't want curtains....just the valance.  Dang...forgot to take a picture of it after I hung it.  Anyway, my grandson is elated with his 'day after' gift.  And this was a wonderful Christmas for me.

Thought I'd show you my progress, or lack of, for the present project which is an adaptation of Julia Eastman Stubbs rug.  I've chosen the horse trainer part on the far right side of her design.
Heck, I'm not even halfway done and as much as I want to hook the trainer figure the border around the corner should be hooked first before enjoying the challenging part (dessert).

Happy calm and relaxing day after Christmas to everyone.  And in a few days we will be welcoming in a new year.  I'm excited and confident in the next few years ahead for the growth and protection of our country in every way.  Here's looking forward to a wonderful 2017 for all of us.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. You got that valance done quickly, especially since you had to go shop the day after Christmas. What a good grandma!
    Took my grandson to the movies tonight and he'll spend the night. Making memories.
    I look forward to our new president making America great once again.
    God Bless America!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quick and i am sure he loved it. I have been thinking on rug ideas today, figure I can set it up and work a bit at a time each day and sewing at night, a rug will be made eventually, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful rug! What a nice Christmas your family had. Blessings for the new year! Hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful day, you arefast! Good for you,,, cant believe its amost 2017,,,, wow,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does not surprise me you shopped sewed and hung those curtains so fast. I am sure your grandson is so happy.
    Happy New Year
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. rug is coming along!!!! how nice to make gifts for our kids, no? even better that he appreciates them :) Happy New YEar to you!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I said you were a good grandma and I'll say it again. You're a good grandma...
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.