Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Status of Two Rugs and Everything Else

Yahoo...... just finished pulling the last loops on Out in the Garden, a design by Maggie Bonanomi and offered in pattern form by Blackberry Primitives.  The first picture is using the flash and of course is showing up brighter than it really looks in person.  But the pixels are larger and will show you great detail if you tap on the photo.
The picture below is taken with the 'automatic' settings exposure so the flash did not go off.  However, I'm standing under the ceiling lights and you can see my shadow on the left side of the rug.
Sweet follower Jennie of GA told me she is able to adjust the lightness and darkness to adjust her photos...not sure if that was on her iPhone or computer.  So on my PC checked but could only find a Paint program which has no dark or light adjustment that I can see.  Remember tho, I'm nearly computer illiterate. 

The Red Lion is almost bound and since that is not a favorite task of mine seems to take me as long to bind a rug as it does to hook one. Good news is that both rugs are hooked and will be bound in 2016.  

So now I'm really, really getting excited to start something new.  I know what it is but not gonna tell you (Kim) HA, that gets you back for hooking a pattern and not showing us everything and making me (us) wait and guess.

Okay, here's the "everything else" part so if not interested you're free to leave........

Tomorrow, thank gawd, is my second eye cataract surgery.  While I'd requested morning surgery (I really don't like missing my meals) there's no food after midnight tonight, no liquids after 7:30 am and my surgery won't be until the afternoon.  I'm not supposed to show up until 1:40 p.m. so who knows when surgery will take place.

My right eye was fixed October 10th and here it is almost 2 months later for the other one.  Since that time it seems I can see driving better without glasses.  Yet at the computer or in front of the TV while hooking I'm wearing my glasses down my nose.  

Am sure readers will be needed after tomorrow's surgery but will NOT do the reader thing.  Instead I'll buy prescription bifocals with the clear at the top and readers at the bottom.  No putting on and taking off for close work.  Am hopeful tomorrow's surgery will go as smoothly as in October.

Have a great evening.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. Good luck I am sure it will all go great!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. You'll be seeing perfect soon. Oh.....and pfft -- I'll just use my twisted imagination to guess what your next project is. Bahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Maggie rug came out great and you are such a tease, but in a week you'll be almost done and will share :)
    Good luck tomorrow! It will be good to have it all done before Christmas.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well tomorrow. Be sure to let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rug and all the rugs you hook. Such talent. Sending healing energy for your surgery. Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    Another lovely rug to add to your collection!! Hope the binding goes faster than expected! I look forward to seeing what is next on the frame! Will keep you in my prayers for a safe surgery tomorrow!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you for ur surgery today!!! Have had about 5 inches of wet heavy snow last night! Good job we are retired and dont HAVE to go anywhere,,,, your mat is wonderful,,,, love it!! Looking forward to ur next surprise project!! Take care,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to you tomorrow. I had an eye exam a couple weeks ago and need to get new glasses. The doc said I was developing cataracts and would need to deal with surgery eventually. Sigh. Getting old is NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late here so I hope your surgery went very well and that you didn't starve. Just think how wonderful it will be to see things more clearly.
    Your rug looks great.

    Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.