Monday, January 30, 2017

A Winter Wonderland

This was the view this morning when taking Ben for his 9 a.m. walk. Must admit it was beautiful and peaceful.
Below is a bird house awaiting a spring nester and maybe the same bird will take up residense there again this year.
While this was the scene at 9 a.m., about 3 hours later most of the white stuff had melted away from the warmth of the sunshine.
There is a saying in Sussex County (as is the case in a lot of states I'm sure) ~ "....if you don't like the weather stick around for a couple hours".  Yup, tis the truth.
This afternoon with all that snow having melted there were more flurries and even a few pieces of light hail.
Just think, in a couple months there will be birds making nests in these houses.  And just yesterday saw some daffodils showing their yellow tight blooms already.  Hope that is a sign of an early spring.

Happy Monday everyone.

Saundra

10 comments:

  1. It's very pretty but no, thank you. I'm already tired of the snow. Daffodils already?? I'm interested...
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thank you for following my blog, now I'm following yours. Love the hooked Header, very sweet....can't wait for the birdies to nest in the Spring.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the snow and have heard that about new england for as long as I can remember. No daffodils here and not for at least 2 more months or maybe 3.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr! Right now snow at a nice long distance is about as close I want to get. Would love to have one winter without throat problems. Had hoped to hook today, but spent more time trying to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting snow tomorrow night but not too much. I really like to have some and I love the look of fresh falling snow on the ground, it is peaceful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had 3 inches this a.m.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be 56!
    Your photos are beautiful.
    The birds have been singin here for a week.
    The warm weather gets them going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Saundra,
    Oh how pretty and I can just imagine how still it is!! I used to love it right after a snowfall when I was growing up!! We have been having a cold spell (for us) but today the sun is out, the sky is bright blue, and the temp is supposed to be 72 degrees!! I will definitely take it!!! I would send you some warm weather if I could!!!!
    Hope you get to spend lots of time hooking today!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty...i think February will be our snowy month here in VA.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, but you can keep it and I will admire from afar!!! 70 here today. Daffodils blooming and bluebirds nesting. Hope we don't get a cold snap to hurt it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful. I wish we'd get some snow, nothing yet here in my corner of Pennsylvania! Stay warm.

    hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.