Monday, January 23, 2017

Guess Who's is Back.....

.....that would be my delightul Horse Trainer.  It is an antique adaptation originally hooked by Julia Eastman Stubbs of Maine which was a much longer runner but I chose to hook just the horse trainer.
Oops, when taking the picture the left side was cut off and that section still needs to be hooked.  I'm getting closer to the end of this project and am already looking forward to moving onto my next.  My grandson's sports rug has been drawn, wool picked and am already excited to start it.

In case you're wondering, the rug above measures 22 x 48.  Below is the original Julia Eastman Stubbs runner which originally measured 24 x 84 long.  I'm not sure if that included the scalloped edge or not.
 Have a great evening everyone.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. Wow, the original is a big one ! Both are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG 2 foot by 4 foot... that is a lot of rug. And wonderful rug I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your rug is coming out and the scrappy edge.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. Can't believe you are nearly done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting there! Pat Cross {I think} hooked this, in it's entirety ~ it was a feat to say the least! I like how you made yours smaller but kept all the charm of the original ~ bravo!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you are hooking this rug , the border is neat & your post about Rug Camps was very interesting , have never been to one , have that on my bucket list !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Saundra,
    He is definitely "The Star" of your rug, and I love how you have adapted this one!! The original one is HUGE and I can't even imagine hooking that one!! I really do have to say I love that red cow and it would be fun to hook the other half sometime!!
    Thanks for always sharing your work!! So inspiring!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a HUGE fan of animal rugs, but this one is really, really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.