Friday, June 23, 2017

Hooked Items #4

Obviously my records of what was hooked when has been discombobulated...at best.  So what I'll do is show rugs I've hooked beginning from 2007 forward but not commit myself to an accurate year.  

There are so many... I mean we are talking another 10 years worth here folks.  So after today will take a break then give an update on the Gossip rug. Then, if you aren't too bored for me to continue showing rugs I've hooked will resume at a later date.

Below was a Semper Fi design kit Polly Minick offered with proceeds to help wounded military.
That year I also hooked 1847 Turkey which was offered in a Needl'le Love booklet.
I was spellbound by a Kindred Spirits pattern named Crow Sampler so purchased the pattern.
Then when I began to hook it decided to make a change and put the border all the way around.  Here is the way I hooked it. 
During 2007 going thru a devastating divorce, rug hooking wasn't as much a pleasure as perhaps a way to make ends meet at shows.  So started hooking smalls, try to sell them and kits at shows.  I'd demonstrate hooking and try to sell my dolls. 

Here is one such small design I developed.  There were others but this is one I found easily.
Another Polly Minick design I hooked was Patriotic Sandpails.
I think Small Flowerbox, a design by Karen Kahle,  was my salvation to work on after my divorce.  There were small motifs to hook and finish, flowers to start and finish.  This helped keep me focused and take one step at a time.
Okay chickadees, I think you've probably had enough of my boring rug show for a while.  There are several years yet to go so will save them and come back to 'real time'.

Happy Friday.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. Saundra,
    You haven't bored anyone just inspired us with all your gorgeous rugs. I like the small one you designed a lot and wonder if you'd be willing to sell me a pattern for it.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of ur mats! Wow,, alot!! Thanks saundra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great change to the crow sampler...it's great fun looking at all your rugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny how we tell time by the rugs we have hooked.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful rugs. 1847...one of these days...sigh.
    I like your Crow Sampler MUCH better.
    Small Flowerbox. WOW!
    You are putting me to shame :)
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    I feel like it has been FOREVER since I have been on my computer of left a comment!!!! Went on vacation with my son and grands and at the end came down with a terrible bug so have so much catching up to do!!!
    I have enjoyed each and every one of your rugs and posts about your rug hooking journey!!! SO MANY WONDERFUL RUGS!!!!! You can see how your hooking style has changed and how you have grown as a hooker!!!
    Such fun and so many rugs I would love to hook someday!!!
    Thank you for sharing your rugs and talents and look forward to what you share next!!!!
    Take care and enjoy your weekend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your rug shows !!! Fun to see your rugs from years back , all are great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version of the crow sampler better. I must admit that you have a way of looking at a pattern and seeing the possibilities..
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.