Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Have You Any Wool?

Thought I'd give you an update on progress of the rug on my frame.  It took a while for me to find leaf colors for the border which were to my liking but am now happy.  That green had to go.
For those new to my blog, this is a rug design offered by Woolley Fox called Have you Any Wool....the title of my post.  I reshaped the body of the sheep to give an appearance of a skein of yarn and am quite pleased how it turned out.  

I've been asked what the background and border wool is ~ here is a photo.  For the life of me cannot remember the name of either wool or where it was purchased.  But was either  purchased from Betsy or Rebecca.
The background is the lightest section of the plaid wool mixed with some of the lighter textured wool of the same color.  The border was hooked using the darkest section of the plaid.  And thank goodness I have enough to finish the border.

I'm looking forward to finishing this rug, getting it bound then finishing up an adorable design by Kelley.  If you haven't purchased her New-Old Designs pattern book please contact her.  You can check out her blog on the previous link to view some of her designs.

My heart goes out to all those folks living in Texas.

Saundra




8 comments:

  1. Love how it looks all together, perfect choices for the wools and that background wool really works up nice.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you fussy cut and hooked the wool.
    I don't watch the news, but just seeing the pictures on the internet just breaks my heart. Those poor people. How can you lose everything and carry on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you did the sheep! Great colors as always
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it saundra!!! Looks awesome!!
    That pattern of kelleys is adorable , too,,,,
    So sad , so very sad,,,,,to lose everything,,,, wwoow,,,,, thoughts to all,,,, take care ,,,, thanks for sharing,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Love your colors ...it looks so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saundra,
    Your rug is absolutely wonderful! You came up with the perfect color choices, just like we all knew you would!!! Great job on pulling it all together!! My heart goes out to the people in Texas, too!!! Thoughts and prayers are with them!
    Enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rug turned out fantastic.

    My hearty goes out to the people of Texas and Louisiana. So much water and so many lives disrupted.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. just love this rug Saundra...perfect use of the blue plaid...the damage water is doing in Texas and Louisiana is heartbreaking...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.