Saturday, September 30, 2017

Cape May Rug show #4

OMG there were so many wonderful rugs and as I didn't get a photo of all of them asked my gal pal to send me ones I missed.
Halloween is not far away, here is Hildy to get you in the mood.  This is a design by Old Tattered Flag and hooked by Mary Aman.
 
Red Cabbages is an adaptation and hooked by Cindy Painter. 
Spring has Sprung is the name of the design by Bea Brock and hooked by Betty Ann Brittingham.
Alma Shelly did an adaptation of Van Gogh's the Postman. 
Sorry that I don't know the name of the design or hooker of the rug above.  So anyone reading this, if you know please let me know and I'll update the information.
Above is a design named Peacock at Moonlight designed and hooked by Cindy Painter.
Cranford Sampler is a rug designed and hooked by Debbie Walsh.

More photos from Cape May still coming.  Next rugs will show how same designs are hooked by different people. It is always fun to see how someone else hooks the same design.

This was the 30th year Rugs by the Sea had rug camp at The Chalfonte Hotel.  The hotel provided a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres one evening before dinner.  Thank you Chalfonte staff, thank you Norma and Linda.  
Even at a distance you can see the group on the porch gathered toasting and celebrating. 
There are other guests staying at the Chalfonte so to ensure we had plenty of room for the 'hookers' the Chalfonte provided a little message for our benefit during the party. 

Happy Saturday and fall weather.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful rugs and fun ones too. Looks like a nice place to stay.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , lots of details in these rugs ...very pretty . The Chalfonte looks so pretty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red cabbages is amazing but not something I would ever do.
    LOVE that sampler rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course I am fond of Hildy...but that peacock rug and the sampler rug are awesome!~ I would loveto attend the rugs by the sea event one year, as treat to myself to just be in a quiet corner hooking.... :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Sampler rug. It's something I would like hanging on my wall.
    Thanks for the show. Have a great weekend. It's turning cold in the morning but quite warm during the day.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the rug show!
    Thanks again,,,
    Love that sampler, too,
    Glad u had a good time!!
    Have great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.