Monday, January 8, 2018

The Rug Reveal

Some of you probably already guessed it is a Magdalena rug with that background, a Magdalena trademark.  This is Magdalena's Goat which was discovered last January.  If you'd like to read about its discovery click HERE.

Yes, I'm hooking it twice.  The first time was hooked attempting to replicate Magdalena's rug using my wool.  Recently decided to hook a smaller version and hook it differently.  This is what I've accomplished so far.
As I'm hooking this find myself not needing those all those lines but rather hooking larger areas of color.  So if you order the pattern it won't look so intimidating.  Follow along to see how I hook it.

The size of this pattern is 22 x 26 drawn on Dorr natural primitive linen and the cost is $62 includes shipping.  The original size measures 29 x 35 on the same foundation and costs $87 includes shipping.  Those costs are for shipping within the US proper.

Can't wait to finish the goat and hook the horns.  Then the background will be the most fun using up wool from my worm bags.  So far I'm using #9 cut wool for the goat but whatever size is pulled out of my wooly bags is what will be for the background.  Fun fun fun.

S

8 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing how this comes out, definitely too many small lines for that size.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks complicated but I know you'll have it down pat. I got my unfinished rug out but didn't even pulled a single hoop. Winter blahs...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is starting to look wonderful already!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is sah-weet! A number 9! It doesn't look that chunky. That is a great pattern. Fuel tomorrow and crank that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I just love this pattern and will enjoy seeing how you hook it this time!! Hope you are keeping warm and get your propane tomorrow!
    Enjoy your week and stay warm!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didnt guess that one!!
    Fun one,,
    I have not donr too many mats twice,, but could, if I djdnt have so many ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.