Sunday, May 20, 2018

Un-Named Rug Update

Am still working on a name for the rug pattern but so far the words Bee Balm are resonating with me.  This is what has been accomplished so far.
Previously shown (below) is the original antique, a small mat from 1825.  I enlarged the design to a rug size of 23 x 32.  Below is a poor photo taken from the Kopp book; the photo in the book is okay but the third generation photo from me isn't so good.
So far I'm having fun and will find a way to antique some of those straight hooked lines.  OMG, there was a day when first starting to hook that my hooking didn't seem so good.  And now I'd give anything to have the naive higgly piggly style back again. 

So newbies reading my blog, enjoy the process and just practice.  LOL, one day you'll wish you had that naive style of hooking back again too.

Just have fun and do what you like.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Its starting off wonderful,,,
    Love this one,,,

    Have the book,,, so saw it there,,, yours us big!
    Have fun,,,
    I must admit I started a bit neater than now,,, guess my style has changed over the years,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saundra,
    LOVE your new rug and was actually thinking of the name "Radiant Flower" since it has those sun type rays, but do love the name Bee Balm!! I know you are enjoying it!! Believe it or not, I ACTUALLY FINALLY HOOKED A RUG!!! I posted about it on my blog if you get a chance to visit and it felt SO GOOD to have that hook in my hand again after all this time!!! I am so pleased with it and hope to start something else soon!!! Now to catch up on blogging and commenting after my break!!!
    Hope you aren't flooded!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did enlarge that one! So far, so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.