Thursday, August 16, 2018

Mystery Solved....

..almost.  

~Most recently Merrie confirmed that on page 30 that book gave credit to Marion Hamm as the designer of the pattern.  So mystery IS SOLVED!

Yesterday I asked if anyone recognized a pattern and also posted that question and same photos on Facebook.  Today I received part of the answers.

Thanks to Merrie James-Bell know it was a free pattern in this book American Country Folk Crafts (thanks Merrie).
She said the rug design in the book shows 8 horses whereas my pattern has only 6.  Frankly I'm happy there are fewer on my pattern since 2 more on each side would make a larger rug to hook.  Mine measures 21 x 37 but IF and WHEN it is hooked will probably make a wider border.  It might require sewing a piece of cotton on each side to adapt to my frame but that's okay as I've done that dozens of times.
What hasn't been solved yet ~ is it a Marion Hamm design as I've been told.  I've written to the woman who is now handling Marion's designs but have not received a response.  

Was sweltering heat today cutting the remainder of the acreage; Sunday I cut Ben's back yard with a push mower and was too hot do do the rest of the yard.  Two showers today and looking forward to staying in the A/C, working on my Stars and Diamonds this evening and tomorrow.

Saundra

4 comments:

  1. we were warm and a bit humid but a breeze now and then so bearable I took our bedroom apart washed the floor dusted and sorted cupboards I feel better already but very tired.
    I am no help on that rug sorry
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have that book, surprised that there are no credits to that rug on the page or in the back.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you sort of had an answer!!
    Awesome mat,,,
    Looking firward to seeing it done,,,
    We have much needed rain this am,,,
    Take care,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.