Monday, July 20, 2026

Antique and Vintage Rugs to Share

I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm for blogging that I once had.  Of course I still search the internet for something of interest for me hook, that hasn't diminished.   But so many others have stopped or slowed down to a near stop that I find myself wanting to quit too.

A golden pup hooked early 20th century measuring 27 x 42.
 
Just waking up with this rug every morning surely would give one a Good Day.  Said to to be hooked between 1920-40 (18 x 37).
Horse and rider in the city.  Such a strange rug makes me wonder if it was part of a parade and why the horse was sitting.  The rug was hooked early 20th century and is from the collection of Harley Trice. 
Not a rug, but rather a stitchery I felt was worth sharing.  The sampler was done by Agness Wallace, age 8, in 1848.  It measures 12 x 17 and I think it is very endearing. 
Now to get back to my rug on the frame.

Saundra

11 comments:

  1. It has a summer a lot of bloggers slow in the summer. Please don't quit. I love love the stitching.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a very lazy blogger ....I am sorry , have to get going !!!
    I like the Good Day rug ! A good way to use up lots of worms !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet sampler. I love how she spelled giraffe. I had to look up cassowary! It boggles my mind that an 8 year old could stitch that. Way to go Agness ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like looking & reading, though I don't always "comment". I don't blog but somehow I find reading blogs comforting, interesting and fulfilling in a way I can't easily describe. I do learn a lot from others about craft, life, differences, etc. Maybe it's comforting in knowing that we're not alone and have like interests with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Golden Pup is sweet. As for the horse and rider, well of course the horse is sitting because the traffic cop inthe background has his hand up as if saying Stop! I selfishly hope you don’t stop blogging but if it has become a chore perhaps just do a weekly or whenever inspiration strike post..Of course you have to do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it bring you joy to blog or seems like a chore? Maybe instagram or Facebook would be an easier way to Connect. I for one love seeing your blogs but understand the work they goes into them. Good luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Maria, Star Rug Company! Don’t know why it shows up as anonymous

      Delete
  7. Oh no, I sure hope you do not stop blogging. So many friends I have met via blogging have stopped. I hope you are not another one. Love the golden dog and that horse made me giggle. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been missing ,,,tough summer ,,,still try and catch up ,,,trying to get back to hooking ,,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did 8 year old Agnes, back in 1848, know about the Cassowary. Did her family own one of the encyclopedic books sold by door to door salesmen, I wonder? And, I agree that the policeman has his right hand in the air, stopping all traffic --- horse, etc. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you DARE quit Mommy Dearest! I probably hold the title for the most sporadic blogger around and have gone MIA for months at a time...it does not, however, mean that I'm giving up on blogging. I just can't do a rigid schedule with posts...like weekly, etc. I don't have enough interesting things to blog about, or the time to blog about them, or the energy to blog about them...and sometimes I just need to be quiet. Eventually, I always find my way back. I hope you do as well. (Love that sampler... "Gerif" cracks me up. "Hooked on Phonics" before it was cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.