Tuesday, July 14, 2026

HORSE RUG UPDATE

I just couldn't stand it any longer.  Every time I worked on the rug and looked at the horse it bothered me.  So...pulled out all the horse wool  and used another.  Mama's happier with the steed now, lol.
Below is the before.  Unfortunately I like the eye in 'before' better but can't seem to get it right in the new version.  AND, since I'm critiquing my own rug, am not happy with the plaid green at the top and down part of the left side.  Perhaps if I'd hooked it higgley piggley it would have made a difference.  But I ain't 'bout to rip all that wool out.
Summer is back again ~ the nicer, cooler, less humid weather party is over.  But at least it isn't snow, lol.

For some reason I'm unable to post pictures on my FB selling site.  Actually, every time I go to FB the screen goes grey/ghost like until I tap the mouse.  While I can scroll down to view postings and make comments or 'like', I'm unable to post photos on my selling site.  I've tried to investigate and fix the problem but so far no luck.  So am contemplating trying to start another selling site.  Not sure that's the answer or if I'll have the same issue.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are happier with it now. It would if bothered you every time you looked at it
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fine steed indeed. And I have to agree that the new color is better ("reluctantly" because I did like the first version....) This is definitely another one of your rugs where I'm loving it much more once you've hooked it than I ever thought I would seeing the original. It has been unbearably hot here the past 4 (?) days. Mid 90's for actual temps and heat indices up to 105. I know that others have it worse...but like some peeps can't handle our subarctic cold, I'm not handling this well either. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez Louise. Almost half done with yet another rug. You are a hooking machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well as the ole saying goes...if mama aint happy, then nobody is happy. I like both versions of your horse but always your choice. It is unbearably hot here right now. Hope it is not coming your way. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your horse before , but now it looks even better ! Good you did change it ....
    It is really humid & hot here ,plus we have the strangest looking sky due to the fires in Canada and you can even smell the smoke ! A yellowish hue all day long .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hooked this rug true to the Orginal colors but really like how you are changing up the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.