It's definitely fall y'all. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and sweat pants as it is chilly and rainy. Just the kind of weather for you to conjure up a Halloween project and still time to have it done in time to display.
Here is my Witchy Moon which is small and will hang on my front door. A limb works fine as do the clip-on hanging loops. This is an inside photo but will be on my front door come October.
If you recall, the initial idea was for non-hookers to join in too. While I mentioned an applique for quilters, I was negligent in not mentioning stitchery. Thankfully Maureen, who doesn't hook, said I inspired her to pull out an old stitchery to work on and sent me this photo of her cross stitched owl. Is that moon scared of the owl? It will hang near her fireplace on a wooden rake.
Thanks for joining in Maureen, you and other non-hookers are always welcome to visit and comment. But am so pleased you joined with your cross stitch. Has this rekindled a lost interest in stitching?
In case you haven't seen it already, this one below is being hooked by Lauren who pushes herself to contribute even tho she has a full plate. I love the witch, her cauldron and the beaded border. Also think those darker multi-colored strips hooked in the background add interest to the design.
And now to other horrors ~ a nor-easter is at our doorstep and will pick up stronger winds and heavier rain as the day progresses. This is what will bring a return to my back woods lake I'm afraid.
Oh no!!!! Say it isn't so.....looks like I'm in the much above normal snowfall this winter. With all the acorns which fell I'm not surprised. Guess I'll have to prepare for lots of hooking this winter.
Happy hooking, stitching, or whatever your crafty pleasure may be.
Saundra
Your witch will be perfect on your door for October Great job! Love Maureen's owl. Lauren is a super woman with her hooking and gosh these colors are just perfect. Janice
ReplyDeleteLove your witch and the other non hooking pieces. That storm is coming up the coast. We are to far inland for any issues but our poor coast.
ReplyDeleteWe are either slightly above or slightly below. I guess we wait and see.
Cathy
You and Lauren are super hookers and get so much done. I love your rugs.
ReplyDeleteTake care.Hugs,
Julia
I couldn't love any of these projects any more!! Each and every one is amazing! Your and Lauren's witches are wicked good...and Maureen's owl/moon has been a long-time PS favorite of mine. (Funny how both Maureen's and Lauren's pieces have beaded edges even though in different mediums.) Fun, fun, and fun! Hope the rain doesn't hit you too hard and no lakes develop. As for the winter "guesscast," looks like we're in the "below normal" range. Can it really be so??
ReplyDeleteLove the way you hung your Witchy moon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun finish, Maureen. So happy you found our blogs!
I hope your nor’easter was a false alarm.
Saundra , your Witch is great and how you are hanging it with the branch is super cute ! Lauren's Witch is Great too ! And Maureen's Owl is really cute too !! I'm afraid I will have to wait until next Halloween to hook my Witch ....
ReplyDeleteThis weekend storm looks nasty , it has been really windy here today, but the Snow forecast doesn't look good for us this winter ....more snow !!! Noooo
Those witches are WONDERFUL! Dressing as a witch was one of my favorite trick or treat costumes to wear. Thanks for including my owl.
ReplyDelete