Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oldies But Goodies

As many of you may have read my blog already, the reason my journey with rug hooking started was looking at the antique rugs, and antique adaptions which were in Country Living magazine. 

Here are a few more rugs to whet your appetite.  This is clean and simple with elements that I'm attracted to..... birds, flowers, star, circle.  It has everything shouting primitive. 
Animals are a great rug to hook because everyone loves them.  So whether a gift or for your own house it is a winner.
For beginners the very basic flower rugs may be the easiest.  We hookers call these Padula flowers.
 
This must be a memorial for Arthur with what appears to be young deer and large padula flowers and vase.
Then there is the delightful Grenfel antique rug which I've never had the opportunity to see in person.  One day perhaps I'll have that experience.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll have something more to show you other than my Santa update....maybe.  But still stay tuned because you just never know what will happen here.  THANKS for you new followers!!!  You ROCK!!!!!

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Saundra,
    More pretty antique rugs! I had to look at the first one several times before I realized it was birds in the corners and not just swirls.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at these early design. The first one is really beautiful in a simple way...
    I imagine long ago, they treasured any "colored" wool they could locate.
    Lovely designs.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason I started hooking is because I wanted a hooked rug and could not afford one. The first picture today is so pretty, I have seen adaptions of this rug. The Star of David is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these rugs!!
    Your Santa rug is looking great!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cat rug. The colors and everything about it. Thanks for showing these old rugs. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.