Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Betsy's Crow is DONE

This is the snow accumulation here in my little neck of the woods in Delaware.  The snow measured 6 1/2" on the picnic table on the back deck in the morning of the snow.  It wasn't nearly the horrendous levels many of you endured and embarrassed to say I'm grateful mine was only this.  After having my furnace out a couple times during this cold winter, was very pleased it has stayed working thru the snow and frigid temperatures.  There is more snow coming tonight....sigh.
Yes, Betsy's Crow pattern is done and I've started on the Magdalena style crow for the other side of the pillow.  It was rewarding to use up those grey wool strips which don't seem to look good anywhere unless hooked in a cat.  Sure did love using it all up here and if I ever need more grey there is some yardage in my wool room to cut up.
Want to add here, that almost all wool in the crow was from my woolie worms.  There was only a run or two thru the cutter with plain black wool cut for this side since there was already the iridescent wool colors of a crow cut already.  Everything else was from my baggies with separated woolie worms.

No, I'm not going to show you my Magdalena style crow just yet.  But I'm sure there will be ONLY worms used for it, even the crow.  OMG, this is SO MUCH FUN using up more wool strips, worms, whatever you personally call them. 

If you are bored, don't know what to hook next and have a piece of blank linen draw a pattern out and use your worms.  Trust me, you will be so proud and feel so rewarded by using up what you have. 

Will post a picture of my Magdalena style crow tomorrow.  Be save, stay warm and hunker down.

Saundra

11 comments:

  1. Mr. Crow looks wonderful and congrats on using mostly worms. I need another project like that.
    It's snowing here again...sigh...but still nothing like the east or Nova Scotia and I am VERY thankful for that.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your crow rug. I'm all for using up left over wool worms whenever possible.

    Beautiful...
    Stay warm and keep hooking.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The background Is so much fun. Six and a half inches.....it's practically spring at your place. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about triple that on my table, lol. And that is with the gusts and after times i cleaned it. I think the most fun I have is with simple designs and using up my scraps and worms.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. really love your crow!!! and the added bonus of using up old wool even better. Good luck with the snow and cold it is getting old at this point time to move into spring.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Test to see if I'm getting comments from the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your latest! looking forward to see whats in store for the back side. Your color choices are always awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.