Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Idle Chit Chat

Thankfully Hermine has been rather kind to us inland on lower Delaware with only variable high winds and some rain one day.  The beaches, however, took a beating with the waves, high tides and beach erosion. But it could have been much worse and has been much worse before.  

If my ferry ride to Cape May had been this weekend my trip would have been cancelled I'm sure.  That's the one thing I worry about when visiting Cape May in September during hurricane season.

Today was rather mild but humid yet wasn't so bad I couldn't push the mower to cut Ben's backyard.  Hey, the boy needs a clean yard in which to play, rest and..er...you know.

With Ned all bound now I'm presently binding Turkey and Tallowberries.  I'm whipping the black cotton binding along the outer edge and will then stitch down the inside.  So it will also go to Cape May for the show.  For those of you just now visiting, Turkey and Tallowberries is a design offered by Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios from the artwork of Lori Brechlin.  If you scroll down to previous posts you can see both rugs.
Speaking of Cape May, where I'll be attending Rugs by the Sea rug camp, I finished a few more Hookers Pockets to sell.   Had a special request for a pocket with blue texture wool and dark burgundy hearts which has been sent.  So thought for the last one I'd make another just like it in case someone has that same color palate.  Am hoping there is something for everyone.... light, bright, dark and dull.  
Those are all Pockets I'm taking but will have a few other items in the store to appeal to those who celebrate upcoming fall and winter holidays.  Will be nice to empty my containers of items since no longer doing shows.  So am selling them a little at a time.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend.  Soon, a friend of mine will retire and every day will be a holiday for her.  That would be my friend whom I've never met in person yet...... Lauren of Rugs and Pugs.

Wishing everyone well.

Saundra

2 comments:

  1. I love your pockets! glad the hurricane didn't do a lot of damage,nothing here.
    I already wished lauren well lucky girl
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saundra,
    So happy the hurricane didn't do as much damage as predicted!! I know you must be so happy to have those rugs almost done and ready to go! Love the both!!!! The pockets a such fun pieces and will be a hit I am sure!! Hope you have a wonderful time!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.