Monday, December 31, 2012

Eve of the New Year

I'd really hoped to be further along on this rug by now yet didn't plan on it being finished by this time.  Guess my pattern drawing, dye pot playing and Christmas holiday time changed my plans.  Oh well.
Tomorrow is a new day for the beginning of a new year.  I'm looking at the picture of the rug and there are still issues I'm having with it.  As previously posted I pulled out some red from the mane of the lion on the left and changed the tail on the lion on the right.  But now am finding other things I'd like changed.

For sure am happy that the muted  faded red was added at the ground.   But there is still something with the faces of the lions.  They are too light.  Maybe they need outline.  Maybe if the red is removed from the mane of the left lion.  But certainly it needs work.

I've work to do, fun to have, hooking to enjoy and wish everyone a very happy, healthy, safe and prosperous new year.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Saundra ~
    I see no need for any changes on your rug! Is that the wider rug tape you bought? How did you sew it on? What will you do with the corners? I hope you will share with us :)
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND...I think you've made remarkable progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra it looks great to me.Have a Happy New Year!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. *****many blessing for a healthy and prosperous new year. you rug looks great...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!!! looking good. denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.