Monday, December 29, 2014

Antique Rugs

I went antique dealer looking today (on-line) and found some new to me antique rugs.  Well, who knows, maybe I've seen or even posted them on my blog before but they grabbed my attention again.  Don't think I've posted this one tho.  I was intrigued by the colors, the scrolls and that background.  Scrolls intrigue me but was intimidated to hook them. 
Here is an antique Frost Sheep with scrolls which I wanted to hook even with the intimidation.
Then finally biting the bullet hooked this E.S. Frost Sheep rug on this pattern page.. just scroll down.

And those who like mother hens and chicks thought this was cute.
The one below is probably not an antique.  But it is winter after all, I love it, love the colors and the folky look.  If anyone knows who hooked it, who designed it, etc, I'd LOVE to know.
This has been posted before but I still love it.
 
And found this folk art dog today and I love it.  Strange thing is that with my Rottie Memorial (in #3 cut) and my sweet Shadow Memorial in #8 cut, both which were realistic looking, this dear folk art dog says it all.  He was LOVED!
As I'm typing that realize this is a great future blog post and you just may see this beautiful folk art dog again.

My homemade vegetable soup is done, salad made and time to get of'n this machine, eat, and get back to hooking.

Have a great evening .

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. Your antique rug shows are always fun!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saved that folk art dog image just last night...is definitely a must reproduce rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simpler forms of folk art, something charming about them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The folk art dog is a favorite!
    The Sugar House is great too, love all that's going on in it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the old rugs and makes me feel silly that I fuss over my color plans so much as those are just timeless with what they had.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.