Monday, April 20, 2015

Magdalena is Back

Harvey's Magdalena is slowly coming together.  Hey y'all, I've hooked a much bigger piece in a month's time so this is taking me a while and not making me happy.  But then I did start my son's rug and have been busy drawing and shipping patterns so have not been a slouch.

This is what it looks like now.  Yes, I see those bright whites/blue whites and two of them must be pulled out.  So next picture will have a bit of a change there.
I'd considered attempting the beer mugs tonight since I've poured myself a glass of wine courage.  Instead think I'll remove those bright whites...two of them anyway, and replace those with something more soothing to the eye in contrast with the rest of the piece.

For any newbies who don't know, Magdalena Briner Eby hooked rugs in and around 1880 in Pennsylvania.  Antique lovers adore her works and hookers love replicating her works.  She was a prolific hooker who would probably be shocked by her popularity today.

Have a great Monday evening.

Saundra

3 comments:

  1. Your plan sounds good. A nice glass of wine is just what I need right now. I've been cleaning out flowerbeds today as it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'll do a bit of hooking then.

    Your Magdalena rug is coming nicely.
    Thanks for telling us about Magdalena Briner Eby. Yes, I bet she would be surprised at the popularity of her style today.

    Hugs,
    JB


    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's looking great but I agree about those couple of light pieces. Now here is my advice for the other piece.....tomorrow morning put a beer mug in the freezer so it will be nice and frosty by hooking time. Then pour yourself a nice cold ale, poured slowly so you get a perfect foam. Look at it for a minute, hook some of the man cave rug, then chug that bad boy!
    Goodness I'm so helpful, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Kim makes me laugh!!!
    Sure wish I had a glass of courage to pour, but I'm out and besides, it's bedtime.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.