Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Olde Hearts

Have I been away so long you forgot what I am hooking?  In case you don't remember, I'm hooking Olde Hearts, an antique adaptation which was purchased from Woolley Fox.  
In the picture above already see at least one spot which will be replaced as soon as I get off the computer.  Am still wondering about the top very center in the V and wonder if I should use the same herringbone which appears in three striped sections and that same lighter color in the hearts.  Will keep it in for now but definitely will remove the darker oval in the 'whats it' on the left side.

Am now smiling as I'm using the term "whats it" which my friend Barb Carroll used last year at camp.  She refers to motifs which are unable to be described by any other name as a 'whats it'. That motif isn't a tree, isn't a flower... its a 'whats it'.  Thinking of you Barb and looking forward to seeing you in May.

I've cropped the border as that will be hooked last.  Normally I hook the border along with the rest of the rug but not this time.  Hope you have a great evening, have enjoyed the last three days of rain for the farmers and my weeds but now am ready for sunshine tomorrow.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra,
    I just love this design and how you are hooking it!! You may still like those places once you hook a bit more, but know whatever you decide will be just right!! Love the term, "whats it" that you learned from Barb!
    Hope you enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, no three days of rain here in PA....
    Love the old rugs! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much progress you've made. I have hooking envy.
    We need rain! Hopefully tomorrow's predicted rain will come.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing a great job with this design.
    The reds you are using are beautiful !
    Looking for the warm sun ... it's coming ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wools you are using. It reminds me of wheat, I assume the person had no art skills and did simple designs to fill her rug.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur mat! Awesome work,,, got lots done,,, fun, fun,, take care,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a lot on that rug. I'm wondering it the "what's it" is. It might be some kind of tree. I'm sure you got lot more done on it by now.

    It's been raining here and the water level is high once again. The water is almost on the road in the lane. We're supposed to get more rain. Sigh.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good...I had this pattern and could never hook it right...not sure if I sold the pattern or hooked over it...I just love all those "whatsits"...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.