Wednesday, June 20, 2018

OH What a Mess I Make......

...when I'm trying to create.  I started out with 3 bags of worms from which I'd pull red, yellow and blue.  But also cut some yellow and red wool which is mostly used.  The work area started out nice and neat.

Then ended up with a pile on my right arm rest and a nest of mixed colors tangled to my left.  
Obviously they ended up getting knotted so decided to get organized again in the photo below.  That handy wicker basket was found at a local thrift store for a couple bucks.  It works well when it is used but the chaos still happens regardless.  Start out tidy and will end up with another rat's nest before the rug is done.
Think I'll move to the center of the rug and concentrate on that and work outward.  Actually, I normally start my rugs at the center motif.  But this time decided to work on a small area in the corner to try to get the colors right before going to the big kahuna.

Guess you noticed my heating pad in the background.  I am still having sciatic and back pain.  An appointment has been made with an orthopedic surgeon for an MRI to diagnose my problem.   I don't want back surgery but want to know what my options would be ~ chiropractic, acupuncture?  I've never had acupuncture before but would try that before surgery or pain meds.



Saundra

5 comments:

  1. you hook so fast I have visions of wool strips flying in the air!
    I think we are all are messy ok I am, I guess I shouldn't speak for every one.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in good company :) I sure can make a mess in a big hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hooking room is a mess right now,,, but going to tackle it later on,,, while its cool,,
    Love that basket,, have one similiar ,, must find it ,,, awesome! Need a reminder sometimes,,,, sorry about yr back,,, yikes,, not nice,, hope u get some relieve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO TRY ACUPUNTURE! I wish I had not waited so long because it is wonderful! I was afraid of all the needles but you don't feel them at all. Just incredible relief! I also use Muscle Relief Essential Oil Blends on the bottom of my feet! No pain anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I think all of us who create deal with "creative chaos" but the good thing is it can always be cleaned up later....or not!
    Hope you find out what the problem is with your back!! Pain is certainly NO FUN!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.