Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life after the Spiral Chair Pad

The Spiral Chair Pad is in the wings waiting to be bound and will post a tutorial of sorts about binding a round mat in a future post after Woolley Fox rug camp.  But for now, this is what I'm working on.
This is a design called Henny Penny offered by Woolley Fox and is the smaller size offered of the design.  But because there was a nice wide extra margin thought I'd draw lines to extend the parameters of the design and do a little tweaking.... uh, maybe. 

As you can see I plan to do the blocks of color to replicate 'using up' what is on hand as I do like the look.  All the red is wool from my worms as are some features of the chicken.  The dark sage green came from my stash and the lighter green was a green recently purchased with camp and this rug in mind.

Now this is a LOT more fun than the hit and miss chair pad!!!.

Have a wunnerful wummerful evening everyone.  And thanks for visiting.

Saundra

4 comments:

  1. and a lot cuter I might add. I love chickens..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sure I'm going to like your Henny Penny more than I like mine :(
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Henny Penny, too! I have the big one and had the blue/red combo in mind but I'm loving yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great little primitive chicken pattern!
    Love your choice of colors so far, the red adds a spark,
    love that!
    Thanks for sharing it!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.