Sunday, February 2, 2014

Chicken Challenge (free pattern)

There is a Chicken Challenge taking place and I'm here to help spread the word and the free pattern.  My friend Deb (of Woolwrights) e-mailed me, mentioned the challenge and said I should pass the word to all my hooking friends.  Deb and two other gals saw an old rug in an antique store and each decided to do their own version.  Here are their results.
Below is the second rug from this design that Deb is doing and I'm loving the colors she chose.  She said she enlarged hers to 15" x 30".  Mine will probably be about those dimensions too when I finish my other projects.  The Santa and Deer will be done real soon, then want to work on the 500 Mile Betts and finish her.  But after that think I'll do this challenge too.
There is no time limit, you can use whatever colors and embellishments you wish.  This is something you can do at your leisure and have fun with.  Once it is done they would love to have a picture of it so they can post it on the Woolwrights Hooking Guild web site.  If you hover over "more" you will see a Chicken Challenge tab which you may want to visit from time to time to see the new additions.

Now for the pattern ~ just copy and enlarge to whatever dimensions you desire.  Have fun.
Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun!!! I may have to consider this :) Thank you for spreading the word!
    Today I hope to pull the wool for the pattern you sent me. I've got it on linen.
    After the rains melted most of the snow yesterday, we woke up to 5-6" of new snow. At least everything looks so clean. Yesterday was just a "dirty day".
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is so cute, loved the close up of the colors! hope to see yours and the pig one as you go along, oh and the Santa, or just everyone! i really enjoy seeing your work, and the process by which you choose! have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often wished that our guild would do more challenges, but I guess people are too busy working on their own projects. I personally love to see how the same pattern can be hooked so differently by people. Maybe I'll give this one a try - be sure to tell us when there are more rugs to see, okay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've often wished that our guild would do more challenges, but I guess people are too busy working on their own projects. I personally love to see how the same pattern can be hooked so differently by people. Maybe I'll give this one a try - be sure to tell us when there are more rugs to see, okay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fun rug for a challenge, can't wait to see yours.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since there is no time limit and I am on the last end of my rug I just may try this one! Love the idea.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a fun idea, especially with no time limit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.