Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Geometric UFO

While perusing my favorite blogs was reminded by Louise's post on Dogwood Farm that I have a well overdue geometric rug which was started over 8 years ago.  I enjoy looking at geometric designs but I have a problem working on this one beyond two squares at a time, then it is back in the wool room waiting for the next visit.  My choice of colors hasn't been the best as there are both dull and intense colors in my rug.  Plus hit and miss isn't as easy as I once thought.
Louise's rug has great earth colors and they are the same intensity throughout.  Also her blocks are square and mine are step style.  What on earth was I thinking????
Well Louise, thanks for lighting a fire under my butt.  I've pulled out the tote and it is sitting in the living room waiting for me to finish 500 Mile Betts.  So before I start anything new after Betts I'll hook a couple more blocks of my geometric.  Still, at that rate the rug won't be done for another 10 years or so.  That is unless I make it smaller and make a pillow.  Hmmm, now that's a thought.

Have a great evening everyone; thanks for visiting and be kind to one another.

Saundra

5 comments:


  1. I'm so happy to see you're back hooking that beautiful geometric rug of yours.
    A few squares here and a few there! :)
    Keep us posted.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny. As soon as I read your comment on Louise's blog, I knew yours would be worked on again, at least just a little. Didn't you post about it a couple years ago, too?
    Louise's is lovely, isn't it?
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both rugs are yummy in their own scrappy way. If you just keep plodding along on yours it'll be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yours. I've done two. One that is just any worms in a block of one row around like a log cabin. The second one I just finished a week ago is a rectangle with diagonal blocks or triangles hooked with a single color in each there are 3 flowers and leaves on the two long sides and a single flower with 3 leaves on the ends. They are both enjoyable. But the next one I'm going to do your design. Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I encourage you to keep working on your geometric rug Saundra. I love the step style...gives it some interesting texture. It is very beautiful ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.