Tuesday, October 6, 2026

TEMPTATION

I have more wool than I can use up in my lifetime and in every color combination possible.  Why then, when getting The Wool Studio samples am I tempted to buy one or two yards of the wool I see?  Hey, I quit smoking cold turkey, no patches, no hypnotization ~ just quit.  But wool? 

BTW, the colors of wool you see on The Wool Studio web site are way different than the samples in a flyer.  For those of you who don't get the wool samples here is a photo below.  I particularly like Sky Bridge which is the 3rd one down in the middle sheet.  But looks so very different on the web site which is not nearly as interesting as the sample.
And just for comparison, here is a screen shot of one page on the web site which includes Sky Bridge.  I also liked Salt and Pepper but figured a good overdye of some wool already in my stash could sorta resemble that.
In other news, I'm having some tree work done and thankfully that gawd awful gum tree out front will be gone after today.  Plus other work which amounts to the cost of 71 yards of wool, 😬.  Wish I could afford to have all the gum trees removed but this one is more troublesome since it is in the very front of my house.

Here is a before photo of the gum tree but you can't see all those gum balls which are the main pain.  The guys are working in the back and side yard on other trees right now.
Here  is the after.
A humongous dead oak was removed and it was huge.  The after stump is hard to see even with the red outline.  I've still another huge oak tree closer to the house and hope it lives.  Although it was a falling branch which bent the leaf filter system just after the new roof was put on.  You'll love it in the woods they said....
A dermatologist appointment tomorrow and dread the hour drive there.  Wish there was one in my town.  But maybe I'll stop and pick up a couple things I need; but I always think that but will probably be anxious to get back home instead.  There's no place like home.

Saundra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.