In the words of Lauren, Eenie won. I thought color planning would be a breeze since I'd be following the original antique colors somewhat. Didn't want the horse pink but wanted it to have an appearance of perhaps poke berry dyed wool, which this isn't either. But in person under the OTT light it started looking too garish to me. Yet here in the photo it looks okay.
Decided to hook a tad more around the horse before pulling out any loops and being sorry. This is what it looks like now.
On top of what had already been hooked on the horse I placed slightly more brownish wool strips to see if that would be better. Not sure that made any difference. Placed some wool at the scroll, pre-testing before hooking. Perhaps I should just keep hooking more background and a scroll before ripping out anything. Afterall, there is still plenty of area to hook and keep me entertained.
Thunderstorm came thru so am hoping the extreme heat and humidity will be a thing of the past. Oh, today I received an order for my Mache' Jacks pattern. Me thinks that young lady is hoping it will invite cooler temperatures her way sooner than later. Glad she didn't order a snowman pattern, lol.
Saundra
Off to yet another great start!
ReplyDeleteAnother great horse started.
ReplyDeleteI got a new fall magazine in the mail today.
Cathy
YAY on picking yet another horse. Looking like a regal steed already. I actually started something for Christmas as it was so hot and humid here. Was not good for man nor beast last week for us. Janice
ReplyDeleteBefore ripping - what does the horse look like in real life lighting? I don't know many people who keep their entire homes lit to OTT Light conditions. Our bedroom, the lighting is barely above "just enough to keep from tripping in the dark" level. Which explains my clothing mismatches of navy and black items some times. I'd bet the horse looks nothing like it does under your work light.
ReplyDeleteYour horse is looking great ! The colors look really nice .
ReplyDeleteI'm not ready to hook anything for Fall yet ...Summer goes by too fast !!!
I like your horse. Even if it's pepto pink, there's something fun when things aren't a color you would usually expect. Your colors always work out so I will just have to trust that you will do a fine job ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou do have a way with horses my friend. From what I'm seeing on my screen, the horse color looks strangely perfect. Perhaps not what I would have initially chosen, but would love after seeing it hooked. It looks like the true color of many real horses in my book. (Yeah, I know no one's read my book but you know what I mean.) Love those papier mache jacks.
ReplyDelete