Saturday, August 19, 2017

Taking A Critical Look

I have flip flopped between 3 projects over the last few weeks and decided to concentrate on just one to get it finished.  The "Have You Any Wool" is a pattern offered by Woolley Fox and put it on hold because of the border.  Sure thought my color planning would work out perfectly but suddenly became undecided.

Looking at the pattern saw the sheep as a skein of yarn so chose to hook the sheep like that. Was totally happy how the sheep turned out so my plan worked even though I know a tail of a sheep is longer than hooked. 

The border is my problem.  Actually am happy with the dark part of the plaid as the border but wasn't sure what to do with the leaves and pennies (flowers).
Seems I boxed myself into a corner with limited color choices for leaf colors.  So guys and gals who visit my blog I thank you for taking the time to visit and comment.  Nothing fake about  me, I tell it like it is and show my true self.  

I love hooking rugs but struggle with color planning like the rest of you....or perhaps some of you.  If only I'd taken this to a class with Barb Carroll she would have fixed my problem in a nano second.

Have a great evening everyone.   

Saundra

8 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that you will nail the colors like you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric always reminded us that leaves don't have to be green. Just saying...,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice , saundra! Love the background and like jennie says leaves dont have to be green! What about oretty fall colors,, sure a compliment to the blues,,,, I can see orange plaids,, reds, golds,,, guess I love fall colors!! Take care,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this to myself all the time...maybe gold leaves too? just love this rug...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    I was thinking the same thing as Elaine and Kelley about the leaves!! They can be so many different shades and even pulling some of the sheep wool might be nice!!! All of these options and suggestions will be sure to get your creative juices flowing and I look forward to what you decide!!! That is the fun and challenge of creating!!! Glad you had a good report on your test, too!!!
    Take care and happy choosing!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will figure it out. You always do.
    Congrats on both you and Ben passing your "test".

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I'm unsure I color the design on paper and use colored chalks to see how it will look sometime. I agree, some nice fall colors would be nice.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with those who suggest not green. Unleash your inner 4 year-old with a new box of crayons. Or go find a 4 year-old?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.