It's definitely fall y'all. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and sweat pants as it is chilly and rainy. Just the kind of weather for you to conjure up a Halloween project and still time to have it done in time to display.
Here is my Witchy Moon which is small and will hang on my front door. A limb works fine as do the clip-on hanging loops. This is an inside photo but will be on my front door come October.
If you recall, the initial idea was for non-hookers to join in too. While I mentioned an applique for quilters, I was negligent in not mentioning stitchery. Thankfully Maureen, who doesn't hook, said I inspired her to pull out an old stitchery to work on and sent me this photo of her cross stitched owl. Is that moon scared of the owl? It will hang near her fireplace on a wooden rake.
Thanks for joining in Maureen, but you and other non-hookers are always welcome to visit and comment. But am so pleased you joined with your cross stitch. Has this rekindled a lost interest in stitching?
In case you haven't seen it already, this one below is being hooked by Lauren who pushes herself to contribute even tho she has a full plate. I love the witch, her cauldron and the beaded border. Also think those darker multi-colored strips hooked in the background add interest to the design.
And now to other horrors ~ a nor-easter is at our doorstep and will pick up stronger winds and heavier rain as the day progresses. This is what will bring a return to my back woods lake I'm afraid.
Oh no!!!! Say it isn't so.....looks like I'm in the much above normal snowfall this winter. With all the acorns which fell I'm not surprised. Guess I'll have to prepare for lots of hooking this winter.
Happy hooking, stitching, or whatever your crafty pleasure may be.
Saundra
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.