Haven't started binding Crossed Flags yet but will surely begin tomorrow during The Five. But have pulled a few loops on Magdalena's Double Horse pattern.
I've mentioned previously that replicating and antique (to me) feels like putting puzzle pieces together. Some people attack a puzzle around the perimeter and get the flat sided pieces hooked then work inward. Perhaps some concentrate on certain colors of the larger or main subject.
So let me explain my fragmented hooking below....first I wanted to begin in the corner and move toward the left. But couldn't hook the space between the swag at the corner and V until the top of the horse and space just above was filled in; which is where I will go next.
Have also been working on a different kind of hand work ~ removing insignia's and stripes from Navy dress uniforms. For several years since my step-father's passing I've had his metal foot locker in which he kept his dress uniforms. Rather than giving them to a civilian thrift shop to prevent mis-representation, I removed the insignia's and strips so they may be given to the Naval Thrift Shop.
Of course my son wants these patches and will put them in a shadowbox frame to hang on the wall. Since there were 2 dress blue suit coats I kept a set for myself.
Am planning for my next blog post to be about Falloween and wonder how many of you may have begun working on something. So far I am only aware of 3 of us. So send me a photo in a day or so of your progress so I can share it. If you don't have my email in your contact list you can send it to me by using the "EMAIL ME" link to the right side of my blog.
Happy hooking.
Saundra
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.