Crossed Flags has become boring and am fighting temptation to start Magdalena's Double Horses. This is so close to being completely hooked that part of me wants to continue pulling loops on it until it is finished. That other weakness part of me wants instant gratification, lol.
Obviously the positive of doing this type of hit and miss background is that you can use short pieces of wool, mix narrow cut with wide in neighboring rows and I've not had to cut one piece of wool for the background. All have come from the wool worm baggies. Seems to take me longer since I search for the right value and color to ensure it doesn't get hooked right beside the same shade or value of an adjoining row.
When this one is hooked and bound it will the the final section of the Triptych antique posted below.
Will try and hold out and not allow temptation to give me that immediate gratification. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Remember those words from a child's book The Little Engine That Could? When my mother was battling cancer at the time (and won) I would repeat those words she knew so well from reading the book to me as a child, and me to my own son when he was little. If you want to know the book's history you can read about it HERE.
Happy hooking.
Saundra
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.