Friday, August 12, 2011

Rugs by the Sea

Just one month away from rug camp in historic Cape May, NJ and I've finally decided what I'm going to hook in class.  Am going with my initial idea of the log cabin and sheep, however I have changed it up a bit some from the original July Cabin pattern in Barb Carroll's book. I thought I'd like to hook the leaves of those trees similar to what I did in the Woodland Deer rug (below) with different colors to give it pizazz.
So here is what I've drawn on linen, again with changes from the original design provided in her book.  As I'm looking at this photo now, I think I like the fuller tree to the right, might even make the leaves a tad bigger, don't know yet.
But below is a picture of it hooked by someone (forget who now) and is posted in the Carol Andress folder on Woolley Fox web site.  
Some other changes I did was change the direction of the smoke, instead of upwards I moved it more to the side because I wanted a smaller rug.  Also didn't want my trees in pots nor did I want flags on the trees.

3 comments:

  1. Saundra, How exciting rug camp! What a wonderful design.I bet your counting down the days. Do you start hooking now or start hooking at the camp? Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheri ~ I will take wool that I'm thinking will work but will let the teacher color plan it for me...well, that is except for what I think I want to do with the leaves. I won't pull any loops on that until class at Cape May. HOWEVER, I will do a NotForgotten Farm small piece (cat in a shoe) for the hour ferry ride to NJ and to work on until the teacher gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saundra ~
    Oh, that sounds like so much fun. I'm sure your rug will be wonderful!!!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.